- Contest Title: Children's Book Giveaway by Little Red Reading Nook
- Tarikh Tutup: 3 March 2010
- Organise by: http://littleredreadingnook.blogspot.com/2010/02/childrens-book-giveaway-by-little-red.html
- Grand Prize : Maisy's Home & Garden Pop-up & Play Book
- Special BONUS prize : Children's Book Hamper
- Best blog entry : Hello Kitty Mystery Gift Hamper sponsored by Huiwearn Kids Store
- winner will be selected randomly (random.org) so the higher the number of entries you have, the better the chance of you winning. So what are you waiting for? Get those entries in QUICK!
Someone did say, "To read is to fly: it is to soar to a point of vantage which gives a view over wide terrains of history, human variety, ideas, shared experience and the fruits of many inquiries." So true! Reading is really like taking a flight to high altitudes in pursuit of information and knowledge. It is a journey in search of enlightenment.
Reading is like providing the mind with nourishment. Knowledge is the food for the mind and soul. Apart from giving us the basic information about the world around us, it also provides us with the food for thought. It encourages us to think. It increases our hunger for knowledge and our thirst to learn more.
Reading is an activity that keeps us occupied. Reading results in the fruitful usage of time. It helps us get rid of our anxieties. It diverts our mind from monotony and boredom. It is one of the best ways of relaxation. Reading novels or stories takes us to a new world where we forget our sorrows and fears. Books make very good friends.
Reading leads us only to read more in the never-ending pursuit of knowledge. Research has shown that avid readers stand out from the rest because of improved cognitive abilities. They can think creatively. It improves their grasping power. It makes them better analyzers and problem solvers.
Reading helps a person be successful in life. It is very important to inculcate the habit of reading right from childhood. You can put in children the habit of reading bedtime stories. Reading during the early years helps the child in improving his/her language skills. The child learns to recognize written words. Reading when young helps you in your later life. Studies say that reading before going to bed helps the child feel secure and comfortable while sleeping. Emotions can be best understood through the characters in stories.
The more young children are read to, the greater their interest in mastering reading. Reading out loud exposes children to proper grammar and phrasing. It enhances the development of their spokenlanguage skills, their ability to express themselves verbally.
Reading, by way of books, magazines or websites, exposes kids to new vocabulary. Even when they don't understand every new word, they absorb something from the context that may deepen their understanding of it the next time the word is encountered. When parents read aloud to children, the children also hear correct pronunciation as they see the words on the page, even if they can't yet read the words on their own.
- Reading can open up new worlds and enrich children's lives.
- Reading can enhance childrens's social skills.
- Reading can improve hand-eye coordination.
- Reading can provide children with plenty of good, clean fun!
- So reading really does matter after all!