- 1. Islam is not a 'selfish' religion and as Muslims we're asked to look beyond our individual needs/wants and help those around us; starting with our family, friends, neighbours and all the way to the Ummah at large.
- 2. We should start with those whom we can influence and help (our circle of influence) before worrying about what to do for those whom we cannot help (our circle of concern). Only by starting with our circle of influence will it expand one day and grow to incorporate members of our circle of concern.
- 3. If you want to be socially productive, simply apply the following 3 steps: 1) Find an area of interest; 2) Learn/develop in your area of interest; 3) Apply/Share your skills in your area of interest with those around you.
- 4. Be proactive in your community by joining local volunteer groups (there's one in every town/city nowadays!).
- 5. Finally, do not forget that you're part of this beautiful Ummah and that we should seek every opportunity to be socially productive for our Ummah, including traveling if we're able to. And remember, always ask Allah (Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala) to make you beneficial and useful for the Ummah.
I guess I can summarize this whole series in the following Arabic proverb: -
"Wherever Allah plants you, be fruitful!"...
Take care of yourselves. Hope you enjoyed this series! Until the next one, make dua for us!